We are thrilled that you are interested in St. Mary of the Angels School! We encourage all interested families register for one of our monthly Admissions Coffees, or schedule a private tour with our Admissions Office, to get to know St. Mary of the Angels students and staff.
Qualifications for Admissions
An application for Admission, Parent Questionnaire, and a $175 non-refundable Application Fee (cash or check only) must be submitted to the school between November 1 – February 1 for each student applying for admission. Incomplete applications and applications received after this date will be considered on a space available basis. The following qualifications will be considered by the Admissions Committee in determining the priority for admissions of new students:
- Families with a child currently enrolled at St. Mary of the Angels School (SMA).
- Catholic families with a strong commitment to the mission and culture of St. Mary of the Angels School. This includes an openness to becoming a part of the SMA family, which is culturally, religiously and socioeconomically diverse.
- Families who offer service to others and to their community inspired by love for neighbor, the joy of the Gospel message, and commitment to human dignity for all.
- Children who will succeed in social and academic expectations determined by our Admissions Committee.
Our first round of Admissions Decisions are emailed to applicant families no later than March 1. After the required application materials have been submitted, a Principal Interview will be conducted before Admissions Decisions are made. Additional documentation may also be required for Applicants in grades K-8. Late Applicants will receive Admissions Decisions within three weeks of submitting the required application materials. Families have two weeks from receipt of the admissions acceptance email to accept a spot in the classroom and submit the following items:
- $500 New Student Fee (cash or check only); Reduced rate of $250 for current families with new students
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of Baptism Certificate and First Holy Communion Certificate, if applicable.
Additional registration steps after submission of the above items are also required. Instructions will be provided after above items are received. Items include:
- FamilyID Online Enrollment no later than May 1. Within two weeks for Late Applicants.
- Set-up FACTS Tuition Payment Account no later than May 1. Within two weeks for Late Applicants.
Parents who change their email address after submitting their application should notify our Director of Admissions.
Early Childhood Program Enrollment:
Applications for Early Childhood Program enrollment are accepted between November 1 – February 1. Applications received after February 1 will be considered if there are open positions in our Early Childhood Program classrooms.
- A child must be 3 years of age and fully potty trained before entering the Early Childhood Program.
- Priority enrollment into our PK4 Classrooms is given to 5 Full-Day Applicants.
Applications for Kindergarten enrollment are accepted between November 1 – February 1. Applications received after February 1 will be considered if there are open positions in our Kindergarten classroom(s).
- All Kindergarten Applicants shall complete a school shadow day, if possible given the time of application.
- Any existing evaluations from prior schools should also be submitted along with the application.
- If this cannot be provided, a Kindergarten Readiness Test may also be required before an admissions decision is made.
- A Principal Interview will be conducted before an Admissions Decision is made.
1st-8th Grade Enrollment:
Applications for 1st – 8th Grade enrollment are accepted between November 1 – February 1. Applications received after February 1 will be considered if there are open positions in the grade for which you are applying.
- All 1st – 8th Grade Applicants must complete a shadow day and a parent interview.
- All 1st – 8th Grade Applicants shall submit the following along with the application: (i) most recent standardized test results, (ii) most recent report card, and (iii) other available school evaluations and/or recommendations.
- Parents will be notified of admission decisions upon receipt of all required documentation, completion of shadow day, and parent interview.